S.H.I.E.L.D. CoC Clan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
S.H.I.E.L.D. CoC Clan Forum

A place for clan members to meet, communicate and discuss items. Also a good place to store regularly shared info and interact in general.

3 posters

McT's Reccomended Clan Castle Troop Donations

McTricycle
    McTricycle

McT's Reccomended Clan Castle Troop Donations Empty McT's Reccomended Clan Castle Troop Donations

Post by McTricycle Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:13 am

Hidden 25 person castle: 1 dragon 1 giant – dragons are easy kills with a ring of a dozen or so archers, so they won’t bother strong attackers if your cc is positioned where they can be lured away from your defenses. However, if your cc is centered and the attacker needs to get through a layer of buildings while taking damage from towers to lure your troops, generally it becomes a wash for the attacker. Either they lure you for an easy kill, spending a lot of troops to trigger the clan castle, or they go all out and have your dragon raining down fire in the core of your base. The giant is just there to increase the hit points at the core of your base. Feel free to sub 1 wiz + 1 arch for 1 giant. Both work well. If you like dps go wiz if you like hp go giant.

Exposed 25 person castle: 2 valks 2 wiz 1 barb (or arch) – this will do the most harm to an attacker luring your cc troops. Valks can absorb a lot of arrows plus do decent splash damage. Wiz is the ultimate glass cannon. No unit in CoC does more dps for their housing space than the wiz. No unit in CoC is easier to kill. With tanking valks your attacker will eat many fireballs before their hordes reach your walls.

Hidden 20 person castle: whatever – you can’t hide a cc at th7. If you think your cc is hidden at th7, please stop what you are doing and go redesign your war base after looking at other th7 bases in our clan. You don’t know what you are doing.

Exposed 20 person castle: 2 valks 1 wiz or 1 valk 2 wiz 4 barbs – see explanation above. You have as many troops as possible doing splash damage and have enough hp leading the way so your wizard(s) can live long enough to drop some serious dps. This won’t help if someone hits you with an all dragon army, but you are th7 so there’s nothing you can do about that anyway.

15 person castle: 1 valk 1 wiz 3 arch or 2 wiz 7 archers – this is about the only place I’d recommend using archers, mainly b/c they are effective against the balloon raids you’ll get at this level. Archers tend to work great on offense because you can spread them out in a ring and limit the impact of splash damage. On defense they run straight out of the cc like kindergarteners lining up for a fire drill. The pink caterpillar aims straight for the nearest target where they stand as close as they can to one another, fire about one shot, and then get burned down by a wizard. A cc full of archers on defense becomes little more than the cutest pile of burning pink hair you ever saw. Since balloons won’t attack cc troops, they are ok here. (Note, archers are great for day to day defense, since most attacks are raids that won’t use stronger splash damage troops so it doesn’t matter that they bunch up. They just aren’t that great in war.)

10 person castle: 2 wiz 2 barbs 1 hope 1 prayer – sorry, your villagers are all going to die. If your base is well set up, with this combo you can absorb several low level attacks before going down, but you will get three starred. The high lvl barbs are decent tanks and the high lvl wizards probably do more dps than every other tower in your base combined. The good news is that their firepower overwhelms most of the types of attacks you will see; the bad news is that is all you have going for you. But don’t feel bad. We love you anyway and you'll be upgrading to bigger and better things soon.
    Derf
    Derf

McT's Reccomended Clan Castle Troop Donations Empty Re: McT's Reccomended Clan Castle Troop Donations

Post by Derf Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:33 pm

What are your thoughts on Witch + Valkyrie for a 20 person castle?

I know witches are strong for regular defense because people rarely bring enough splash damage to deal effectively with the skeletons.
    Phil Coulson
    Phil Coulson
    Admin

McT's Reccomended Clan Castle Troop Donations Empty Re: McT's Reccomended Clan Castle Troop Donations

Post by Phil Coulson Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:42 pm

Derf wrote:What are your thoughts on Witch + Valkyrie for a 20 person castle?

I know witches are strong for regular defense because people rarely bring enough splash damage to deal effectively with the skeletons.

I like the concept against ground troops; would be virtually unstoppable at lower levels.  Only the witch can shoot against balloons, but technically, that's all you need to defeat balloons.  Dragons would make short work of them though.  Definitely worth considering.  

I'm personally stuck on a dragon in a 20 slot cc.  Probably more superstition and tradition at this point for me, admittedly. High damage splash meat sinks...
    Derf
    Derf

Post by Derf Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:40 pm

20 person castles are available at th 6 and 7. TH 7 gets wiped by dragons regardless, and most of the attacks I see at th 6 are either balloons or giant/healer/archer. I guess Witch/Valk would be great against giant/archer but terrible against balloons

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:53 pm